Rebecca Northcott Photography

Tuesday 2 February 2010

A birthday weekend with a scottish twist!

So this weekend was a special one as I turned 25!!! and what 25 years it has been - we started off on Saturday where I got to photograph some products for my dads business and I noticed I havnt lost the skills I learned in the Uni studio as I was very picky and wanted everything as perfect as it could look. Im glad I havnt lost that as it is very valuable. I have even been thinking of returning to my studies and going a step further. (been wanting too since Oct last year) Well I enjoyed setting up "studio" and doing that I will post a photo Mark took for me whilst in action. 

Saturday evening was ALOT of fun we went to the Burns evening at Wharfe Valley was really good to see my aunt and her son. I had lots of fun watching the Robert Burns poem recited whilst cutting up some haggis. My husband was a little scared based from rumours told to him what haggis was actually made of. He ate it after some time and wanted to go back for more!!! 

We got to see an Ode to the lasses and the lads followed by consecutive "toasts" we did a bit of the highland fling and finished off the evening with some good old scottish dancing. Photos and video to follow, I had to come home and got really tired as I was going to be up bright and early for Ward Conference at Bradford 1 - I really enjoyed it and was really inspired by Bishop Hillarys talk. He really got me thinking of how I myself need to improve I actually felt the talk was JUST for me. I know it wasnt but it was truly what I needed. 

Sunday afternoon I went to my parents who had made a cake just for me with candles - which I hadnt had since I was about 8 and that really meant alot. Mummy likes very good cakes :-) My sister got me a very handy muchly needed gift kitchen scales! I was very happy and most of all I knew I am loved - they made it special for me. :-)

So Monday came and both my Husband Mark and my best friends Gemma and Mark spoiled me - taking me out for a meal and looking after me. WOW I am so blessed I can never thak them enough...I really dont deserve it!! I love spending time with them they truly are amazing people who GIVE GIVE GIVE and never ask for anything in return. I see the Saviour like this - I told them before that I thought of them in this way that the qualities they have is what Christ is like. I truly have been looked after this year and after all the upset I had over no one remembering me - Well all I can say is I couldnt be far more wrong. Thank you everyone for thinking of me and making my day what it was WONDERFUL. 

Hope you enjoy the photos - thanks for reading :-)

1 comment:

Elder L and Sister T said...

Becky, I loved, loved, loved the scottish dancing video. It looked like everyone was having a great time. The two pictures of you are beautiful!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers