Rebecca Northcott Photography

Monday 24 July 2006

My heart goes "CLICK - CLICK"


AMERICA 2006 005, originally uploaded by Glam_2006.


In May this year (im having to back track) my Brother Chris was very ill - i was really worried for him! i wanted to share with you the email i sent to everyone asking for prayers...

First Email...
"Sunday morning my family got a call, and it was from my sister in law, she told us my brother had been rushed into the intensive care unit and had suspected Pneumonia, along with his heart had swelled 3 times its normal size collecting fluid and being really weak and inflamed. Anyway we kept getting calls through the day and monday...his condition got alot worse, his heart rate was 127 and his heart was only working 25%, he doesnt have pneumonia, however one of the valves in his heart was leaking, because his heart is so large it was squashing his lungs and causing him not to get enough oxygen for him to breath, so that was why the suspected pneumonia. so Yesterday i got to speak to him on the phone and guys he sounds aweful! the latest is he is going into OPEN HEART SURGERY THURSDAY! And he may need a heart transplant it all depends on if his heart is too weak, its possible he could even die. so i am asking you guys if you will pray for him, hes my only brother and hes really special and important to me...i know if everyone prays for him i can feel at least i have tried all I can for him, and i will leave it in the Lords hands, i have faith in him but i know i felt prompted to let you all know the situation and ask for your help..."

MY THOUGHTS...
I knew deep down that the lord would comfort me and my family and i knew Chris would be ok, but i still was worried, i tried to keep strong for my family things kinda always comes on you in 2's or 3's. it ended up that mum and dad HAD TO GO to America and see my brother as he asked for them. i think because they where there he made a faster recovery; along side his wife...i was fortunate enough to see photos when mum and dad got back and i want to include on on here because of all the things he went through! I was amazed at Chrisso hes a trooper he was recovering so well, so quickly

My Email UPDATE...
"i thought id finally update you all about my brothers condition, its been quite a miracle actually, since i last emailed you so much good has happened and in a small amount of time.

i have to tell you all before i go on THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS! we have felt them ESPECIALLY my brother!

i will now tell you his progress -

On Thursday 11th May, Chris was taken into surgery and did indeed have a operation on his heart, they suspected they may have to actually give him a NEW HEART, BUT they didnt, they found after they had replaced the valve (he now has a fully working mechanical valve) and that the muscles in his heart was responding well :) anyway the Doctor who was one of the top 12 in the USA told my mum and dad the surgery went as well as possible and he would be fine. That was great news but they didnt expect THIS to happen...

They told my parents in Utah that he would not respond for a long time after his surgery he would be very weak and not be able to speak or anything, and that he wouldnt be out of hospital for at least 3 weeks! heres where the miracle comes in. Straight after the opperation Chris heard my little cousins scream and then followed by my dads "chris are you ok?" his eyes opened wide! then he heard his wifes voice and responded to her, by moving his arm, then followed by my mum and he did a little smile to her, the nurses couldnt believe how well he was responding, they told me over the phone that he kept getting a little pad and pen out and wrote "has the opperation been done yet?" "im so thirsty" as he still had his breathing tubes down his throat and all the other IV's etc. By the the next day he was out of bed and sat up in his chair and in usual chris style "making trouble" as my mum said - this so amazed me guys! by the very next day, 2 DAYS after surgery!! He walked out of ICU alone into a normal ward, they also removed the main tubes and the swan from his neck and tubes from his chest, the doctors are amazed at his very fast recovery but I KNOW its the Lords doing and all the many prayers said in his behalf.

I called the other day and spoke to Chris for a good hour, he had just come home from the hospital not even a week after surgery! isnt that so wonderful? he was telling me how much support everyone has been and that he can feel the support hes had - indeed im grateful for everyones emails kind words and help, ive felt it along side my sister and my parents and most of all my brother! i told him on the phone i was so glad he is ok and made me realise how much the Lord does for us all and thst hes mindful of all of us in our individual situations...

Chris is now recovering at home and told me to thank everyone for all they have done, he is more humble than ever, the only thing he has to worry about is his breathing machine at night that makes alot of noise and the constant ticking in his heart that hes become accustomed to!

My parents will return home soon from USA and chris will return to work soon after he is totally healed and no longer weak!

just THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! words cant really express my gratitude! Love you all Rebecca"

STILL RECOVERING...
ok Chris is getting better all the time, he bragged about how much weight he had lost and how he was always CLICKING due to his new mechanical valve...i even heard it over the phone! as he put it to his heart. i was reading a similar experience from one of my friends blogs last night and i realised i HAD to write about all this. Chris is nearly coming out of recovery and i believe back to work soon, i love him so much! i cant imagine not having him in my life! thanks for reading BEX

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers