Rebecca Northcott Photography

Saturday 2 July 2005

Live 8 and my experience...

im still sat here watching and listening to the LIVE8 performances, and im so glad i am apart of what is going on, it really touched me when the girl on the video in africa near death 20 years ago, was on the stage in Hyde Park beautiful, strong and thriving. To me that is what makes all the difference, i think Bob Geldoff is a wonderful man to use the influence he has to influence this mass carnage thats going on in the 3rd world countries, as a child i would cry and still do, at the poverty and stavation, pain and suffering these poor people are going through! i wished then that something could be done for thes people, i felt i wanted to help them but HOW? today i got answered that question, by signing my name to the LIVE8LIVE website, and i also wrote a letter to Tony Blair...ok im only one person but as Davina said, if we all do it together we can make a tremendous change! i am very happy this event across the world has gone ahead, billions have watched attended and supported this event, the main thing is not the numbers in the sense of attendance but im happy that many more than myself have a heart and want to help those who are suffering so much. Annie Lennox really got to my heart, and i told my mum how stunned, and depressed that i was. leaders of influence have seen all of this, have seen the wonderful good from the produce of one girl to survive and still havnt been moved to change, i really hope and pray that they WILL see this world effort and WILL stop the hurt, that is going on...again i am pleased to be apart of this effort, i hope we ALL support it.

http://www.live8live.com

2 comments:

Chris Jackson said...

I agree, and what a fantastic start to the whole thing! Paul McCartney and U2 performing Sergent Peppers Lonely hearts club band. I must say that Mr Geldoff should publicly denounce the rioting and violence that has recently taken place by protestors though

Stacey M said...

I really enjoyed the LIVE8 performance, it moved me too. I agree with Chris, Mr. Geldoff needs to take responsibility to calling all those protestors together. I know he didn't intend for the violence to happen, and I think it's important that he makes that known.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers